Based on: Pauler, N. Paper optics (Chapter 4). In: Niskanen, K. (ed), Paper Physics, (Book 16), Papermaking Science and Technology. 2nd edition. Jyväskylä, 2008, Finnish Paper Engineers’ Association/Paperi ja Puu Oy. pp. 128–180.
1. Oittinen, P., “Surface reflection of coated papers and prints”. Advances in Printing Science and Technology, Vol.15, 1980, pp. 344–372 (Pentech Press).
2. Oittinen, P., “The Surface Structure of Coated Paper and the Formation of Gloss”, Trans. of the 7th Fundamental Research Symposium, Cambridge, MEP, London, 1981.
3. Oittinen, P., “The Limits of Gloss in Prints”. Paperi ja Puu, 65(11), 1983, p. 718.
4. Beckmann, P. and Spizzichino, A., “The scattering form of electromagnetic waves from rough surfaces“, Pergamon Press New York, 1963.
5. Johansson, P.-Å., “Instrumental Evaluation of Gloss Variation–Angular dependence”. Doctoral thesis at Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, 1999, Paper IV.
6. MacGregor, M. A., Johansson, P.-Å. and Béland, C.-M.., “Measurements of small-scale gloss variation in printed paper topography explains much of the variation for one paper”. Proceedings of the 1994 International Printing and Graphic Arts Conference, pp. 33–43.
7. Lindstrand, M., “A conceptual approach to describe gloss variation in printing paper”, M.S. Thesis, Linköping University, Sweden, Nr. LiTh-SY_EX-1624, 1996.
8. Elton, N. J. and Preston, J. S., “Polarized light reflectometry for studies of paper coating structure. Part 1. Method and instrumentation”. Tappi Journal: Vol 5: No.7 (2006), pp. 8–15.
9. Béland, M.-C., and Bennet, J. M., “Effect of local micro roughness on the gloss uniformity of printed paper surfaces”. APPLIED OPTICS Vol. 39, No.16 June 2000, pp. 2719–2726.
10. Béland, M.-C., “Multiple surface scattering of light calculated from the topography of printed paper surfaces”, Submitted to Applied Optics Dec 2000.
11. Gate, L. F. and Parsons, D. J., “The specular reflection of polarised light from coated paper”, Products of papermaking Tenth fundamental Res. Symp., Oxford, UK 1993 Vol.1, pp.263–285.
12. Béland, C.-M. and Mattsson, L.,“Optical Print Quality of Coated Papers”. Journal of pulp and paper Science: Vol 23 No 10 October, 1997, pp. J493–J497.
13. Pauler, N., “Paper Optics”, AB Lorentzen & Wettre, Kista, Sweden (1998).
Our site uses functional cookies. Functional cookies are cookies that ensure the proper functioning of the Website (e.g. cookies for login or registration, language preferences) and their installation does not require your permission.